Saturday, September 10, 2011

I had this dream where I was pulling red string out of my mouth, out of my throat. I'm out in public somewhere looking at an art exhibit (someone was selling artwork off of a table). You had to be a member to buy the artwork, but this person was going to let me buy some anyway. I picked up a ceramic glazed heart - tan with a little red in it. And then I just started pulling this red string, or thread, out of my mouth. It did not hurt and I wasn't scared, but it was horrifiying people around me so I excused myself to the bathroom to keep pulling it out.

I've been thinking about the symbolism/significance of red string since then. Thought it might be a good name for this blog. Sharing my in-process drawings, paintings, images of things that I think are beautiful or interesting, whatever. I'll try not to write in it as a journal, but I can't guarantee that.

No comments:

Post a Comment